So, today started out like any typical school-day morning at our house. I woke up, got ready for the day, woke up my kids, (after a brief scare where I couldn't find Hazel in her room, and then realized she had already snuck upstairs to her favorite recliner...), had breakfast, got Harrison to the bus stop and on his bus (I know, downtown Brigham City and my kid rides a bus to school? They tore down the elementary he would have walked to, and assigned this area to an elementary school on the north side of Brigham...) Then walked back to our house to wait for Hazel's bus that takes her to preschool.
We're just sitting there looking at the leaves, and a police car drives up to the house and stops. Great. What did I do? He looks out his window and politely asks if the utility trailer parked in front of our house belongs to us. Technically, no, it doesn't, it's Shane's dad's. Tee hee. But, I told him that yes is was (all the while thinking in my head "DON'T TALK TO THE POLICE!" ...refer to my blog Random Thoughts, if you don't know what I'm talking about).
Then I can tell he's writing on something. MAN. What, is he going to give me a ticket? I'll move the trailer I promise! Yeah, those were the thoughts going through my mind. Then he got out of his car and brought me a nice red "WARNING" paper informing us that we needed to move our trailer within 72 hours or it would be impounded. As he walked towards us he just said "It's not that big of a deal, you just need to make sure it's moved. If you have any questions you can look up the city code on the city website." Then he made a comment that let me know he thought that having the police issue warnings on all the trailers parked on the street was stupid. (No, he didn't say that, but I could tell he thought it was stupid.)
All I'm thinking is "YES! No ticket! Phew!" Cause knowing my luck with police officers and tickets, I usually tend to get one.
1 comment:
How long has it been parked there? That's lame!! DON'T TALK TO COPS!
Post a Comment