Monday, October 13, 2008

I've Been Educated...

So, I went and had my teeth cleaned. First, I decided that since I am an adult, it would be prudent to handle things in a more "adult" way. So, I talked to the assistant and asked (very tactfully I might add) if she could be a little more gentle when she cleaned my teeth. And she was! It was great. Yes, my gums still throbbed when they were flossed but that's my own fault for not taking better care of my teeth.

Then, after the exam and I met the new dentist, I decided to talk to him about Harrison and the recommendations that he had for him, and he fully explained why he thought it would be good for Harrison to have his molars sealed. And, he also explained that he doesn't put sealent on baby teeth (for obvious reasons). So, I had a lot of my questions answered, and he was more than willing to answer them.

So, I guess you could say he's still in the "test" stage. Is that bad? I'm beginning to trust him more as a professional, and I like him better than I liked the other dentist that filled in one time when our retired dentist was out on a leave of absence, but I guess you could say we're still feeling the waters.

The other bonus is he's young. As in, he's probably the same age as me! So, if we like him, we would most likely never have to go to another dentist. That would be cool.

Shane will still probably get his crown done by the dentist in Springville. He really likes that dentist, and Shane has had a lot of bad experiences with dentists, so I can't say that I blame him.

Harrison, however, will be getting his cavities filled by the new dentist. We'll see how that goes!

No comments: