Monday, October 13, 2008

Good Dentist Suggestions....anyone?...anyone??

So, we are on the lookout for a new dentist. I am getting my teeth cleaned today, which, normally wouldn't be that big of a deal. The dentist we currently go to, however, has an assistant that seems to think that in order to clean an adult's teeth she has to leave you with gums throbbing for three days afterward. (I say adult, because our kids haven't complained, and believe me, if they felt what I did, they would be complaining!) YOWSA! Again, we overlooked this because we liked the dentist.

Well, the dentist retired because of health issues, and now there is a new young dentist in his place. Hey, I'm willing to give anyone a chance, but I haven't really been that impressed with our experiences so far. Out of all the medical personnel I am probably most picky about dentists.

Mainly, because, I have to feel like I trust them. It's not like an OB/GYN or other medical doctor where I at least have an idea about what they are talking about. No, dentists are in this, "Can I trust you when you tell me that I actually have a cavity for the first time ever in my life?" Or, what the dentist told us about Harrison when he got his teeth cleaned...4 cavities (no surprise there since Harrison seems to have inherited Shane's teeth...) and then he tells us that he needs his back molars sealed.

This is the first time any dentist has recommended this. How long are his molars even going to be there before his permanent ones come in? Will it be worth the money? Should I even trust this guy since I've only had my kids to him ONE TIME? Or does he just need to make a house payment?

See, here's where I have the problem. It doesn't help any that most of the other patients are leaving as well. How do I know this? Well, I had to cancel my appointment last week because I wasn't feeling well, and they called the NEXT day to see if I felt better enough to come in, and then said that they had a time on Monday. MONDAY! So, I asked them what times they had available, and they tell me that pretty much the whole morning is free. THE WHOLE MORNING! Oh, and they had a time available at 3 PM.

So, I have worked at a dentist office before. Unless you have NO patients, this is not a common occurence, unless someone who is getting a lot of dental work done cancels (like say, someone getting a bridge put in...). I don't think that happened.

Yeah, we're getting a new dentist. *sigh* We may just have to drive to Springville to Shane's favorite dentist on the planet. Oh well. Unless of course, any of you have suggestions?? :)

No comments: