So, Saturday I went on a date (with Shane of course)...YEA! For part of it we went to a movie that has been out for a while now "City of Ember" and it was pretty good. I mean, I liked the actors. I thought they did a REALLY good job of getting the right actors for the parts that they did, and the story flowed.
So, the part that caught me off guard, and had me knowing that Harrison would never watch the show (because he is very very sensitive to anything even remotely scary), was this HUGE rat/mole type mutant animal with no head. SERIOUSLY. COME ON! It was disgusting for one. And two, even though I don't do this usually with movies that are based from books...it didn't even come close to anything in the book.
I was SO disappointed. BLAH! Aside from that, I felt like it completely detracted from the story, and didn't even make a whole lot of sense for having it in the movie in the first place. All it did was irritate me...and was disgusting enough that I felt like I had to close my eyes.
Anyway, one of the coolest things about seeing a movie in the theatre for me, is seeing the previews. There were some cool ones! Which, made up for the super cheezy HSM3 one. The first Twilight one was on there, and WOW. I mean, I've seen this preview before, it's not like I was watching something that I hadn't seen before, but seeing it on the big screen? It just made me that much more excited to see the movie. There was also a preview for Inkspell, which looked amazing. I guess we are going to have to save so we can go to all the cool movies that are coming out soon.
That's okay, it makes up for the apparent movie slump of the past few months.
2 comments:
So I bought the book The City of Ember... a while back... but I havne't read it yet. Should I see the movie or read the book first? I'll have to let you know what I think of the mutant-rat-thing too! It sounds pretty disgusting. :)
My own personal opinion...I would read the book first. While the movie does a good job, the book fleshes out things that they didn't have time to put in the movie. I think the movie made more sense to me because I had read the book beforehand.
For me, the movie was more of a...putting to real life what I had read.
Post a Comment