Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's Fall Again...



So, after last Sunday I know a lot of people were wondering if Utah had just suddenly gone to wintertime. I knew, however, it was just being Utah. :) (And for those not in Utah, last Sunday in some cities it snowed over a FOOT!) The only real seasons that seem to linger here are summer and winter, which are, ironically, my two least favorite seasons.

I would much rather have a long autumn and long spring. The two most awesome seasons. :) I have to admit that when I was growing up, we had a lot of "Indian Summers" where the heat of summertime would linger sometimes into November and stay until Thanksgiving. That hasn't happened for a long time, and I can't say that I'm upset about that.

Usually I prefer spring because it seems brighter to me. I have to admit that Autumn would be my "comfort season." There's a little nip in the air, the smell of leaves, the changing colors, (which makes me feel zufrieden for some reason...--zufrieden is German for "happy, warm, comfortable, content, cozy feeling"...) Thanksgiving happens. I don't know. When fall comes around, it just makes me want to smile, bake pumpkin cookies, cook up a large pot of stew, and then read a book curled up in my favorite chair.

*sigh*
I'm glad fall is back.

3 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

What an absolutely gorgeous photo! I also love fall, I wish it were longer too!

Jess'n'John said...

did you take that picture!? It is nice here in Fall and Spring...even summer isn't too terrible. ;-)

Melissa said...

I must admit, that I did NOT take this photo. It is a picture that was taken in Sardine Canyon though and I HAVE taken pictures like it before, just not recently. :)