Friday, September 5, 2008

So what happened?

As I was sitting here, I realized that I forgot to write about how our Labor Day party went! Silly me!

Well, fortunately for us, while it was raining buckets all day, it decided to clear up by the time of our party. It was rather chilly though, and I was really glad that I decided to bring my sweater and Hazel's jacket. It would have been more fun if it had started earlier so I didn't have to worry about the kids getting home in time to get to bed so they wouldn't be tired the next day for school. (We still got home later and they didn't get to bed until 10 PM, that's late when they usually go to bed at 8:30).

Anyway, it was fun. I even met one of Shane's cousins that I had never met before from his Uncle Marvin's family. Shane had fun shooting skeet (the skeet was old plates and mugs this time around), shooting his canon that he made a few years ago (yes a real canon..not full-size, and it only shoots golf balls). We also had fun watching Shane's brother fly his ultra-light airplane around.

The way I describe it, it sounds like a small remote-control plane. It's not! It's about the size of a small cessna, and looks somewhat like a glider. It's called an ultralight because instead of having a metal skin and cabin it is open to the air and the frame is covered with heavy duty material (nylon?). Personally I don't think I could ever even ride in one because I would be too afraid of falling, or I'd have a heart attack because I was afraid of falling. So, it's best that my two feet stay firmly planted on the ground.

Harrison had fun doing "big kid stuff." He went down with Shane and helped with the canon, and probably would have even gone for a ride in the ultralight if Shane had been up there to give permission. His brother very wisely wouldn't let any of the kids ride unless their parents were there.

Hazel had a lot of fun running around with all the little kids. I think they played some form of primitive tag for about 2+ hours. There was lots of yummy food, and I got to talk to a lot of Shane's cousins that I hadn't seen for a while, so that was nice.

All in all, a very nice Labor Day party!

No comments: