Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A smattering of things...

So, today has been a fairly busy day...and it all happened while staying at home! Hazel said some really funny things today. She has a great sense of humor. First, she informed us that we needed to have a baby. Her reasoning for this is because we have a ziploc bag full of binkies that were found when we cleaned the laundry room. We asked her if we should have a boy or a girl she said a girl. Shane told Hazel that if we had a girl that she would have to share her room and she told us that was okay, "there's two pillows." (No, we are not expecting. No, I have no idea when we will be. Only one individual knows when that time will be and He isn't sharing that info with me at the moment...)

A little while later we were cleaning our bedroom and Hazel came running in wrapped in her afghan. "Look, I'm a bat!" she yelled flapping her "wings." Then she asked Shane if he could help her hang upside down.

Then, this afternoon the first furnace guy came to give us a bid on what it would cost to put in a furnace. We learned some very interesting things about our house. Very quirky things, but anyway... Now we just need to get two more bids and see who we feel most comfortable in having the job done. This particular HVAC guy really likes to install Trane's and after I listened to his reasons for it, I could understand why. Also learned some interesting things about Trane as a company and who they let install their furnaces and air conditioners. So, we will probably get bids from two other HVAC companies that install Tranes. First bid on our quirky house...$3700.00

I know, you're probably thinking that's kind of high, but when I had a guy give me a pure guesstimate 3 years ago for our house, he said around $2000 so I figured that this bid is right in the ballpark area. So, we'll see what the other people have to offer.

Ah, the joys of owning a home. :)

No comments: