
Sorry, I couldn't resist the last bit. It really does seem kind of psycho to me. I mean, thousands of people come to Peach Days. This year I think we had even more than last year. We had people park on our block, and that doesn't usually happen. Although, I just read a tidbit about Peach Days from the city and it said that approx 75,000 people come to Peach Days every year!!! WOW!!!
I played in the community symphony which is the main reason we went this year. It is pretty amazing though. I mean, it's like one huge street carnival. They block off main street for two blocks, and the street that runs perpendicular to it for three blocks. It's pretty wild!
We also went to the parade that morning. It was fun. It was shorter than it has been in years past, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. There have been a few years where it has been almost 3 hours long. I thought it was neat that they had so many marching bands! It was great! Of course there was a band from Box Elder and Bear River, but this year they also had Roy High School there, and....Mountain Crest High School! That was cool. Shane and I, along with Shane's brother and sister-in-law still go to field show competitions. So, we know what Mountain Crest is capable of, and they definitely didn't disappoint. :) Then, along with that they had TWO bagpipe bands (SWEET!!) and a post office band, and a shriner's band.
So, we went to the parade, then we went home, and then we went back so I could play with the Lake Bonneville Community Symphony. I guess it went well. :) Playing outdoors is always an interesting experience. But, all in all we sounded pretty good...according to the responses we got from people. So, that was good.
Then we walked around all the booths. It's like a craft fair with all the different things that are there. It's really wild. Shane's sister even had a booth that she combined with her in-laws.
After that we let the kids each pick two rides to go on. They thought that was just great. Next year we will probably take them to Lagoon again.
We took pictures of the kids on the rides, and Shane took a few pictures of the symphony playing, but I haven't downloaded them yet. When I do, I will put them here.
When we finally got home we were all beat. I felt like I had been drug through a wringer, so I can only imagine what Shane felt like after not getting any sleep. He conked out before dinner, and I didn't have the heart to wake him up. Actually, I did try, but he promptly fell back asleep so I figured I'd just let him be. :)
I think the kids had a lot of fun though, and that's all that really matters right?
No comments:
Post a Comment