Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm "Psyched"

Okay, okay, REALLY bad pun, but I couldn't help it. Today we went to Shane's parents' house after church and hung out and played games, etc... Then as we were leaving Shane's mom and dad were talking to Hazel, and Shane's dad asks her when she's coming over again. Shane's mom piped up, "On Wednesday?" And Shane very lightening quick went over and started whispering frantically in her ear.

So, I very calmly asked "What's Wednesday?" and Shane zipped out the comment "I need to fix my mom's computer." He did try to cover it up, by saying, "And you have mutual on Tuesday right? So, I figured we'd come Wednesday."

Granted, to anyone else, this would just seem like your typical ho hum conversation. It's not unusual for us to go to Shane's parents' during the week, and it's also not unsual for him to need to fix their computer. However, I noticed and remembered a few things. 1, our anniversary is on THURSDAY! WOohoo! 9 years, can you believe it?! and 2, Shane seemed nervous and never talks as fast as he was. His body language was SCREAMING that he was up to something.

So, I'm just calmly standing there thinking that he's trying to be cute and plan something for our anniversary and I don't say anything after that. Then on the way home he bursts out, "Hey, do you want me to tell you a secret? You'll really like it. It will make you happy!" So, of course I had to tease him a little about not being able to keep a secret from me...usually.

So of course we started talking about how watching Psych and Monk makes you a little more in tune to what it going on around you and you start noticing little things that you didn't really notice before. So, anyway, it was a fun conversation. We were laughing half the ride home.

2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

Hey Mellie! I promise I'll respond to your emails one of these days... and of course I'm not mad at you... and of course I love you... and of course you're a wonderful friend. I hit some rocky roads the last month and blogging was last on my list. I'm finally back up and running so give me a day or two and you'll get a nice newsy email from me. :o)

Jess'n'John said...

Congrats on your 9th! :-) Have a happy day.