Sunday, August 10, 2008

What a night!


(no this is not a picture I took, it just looks cool and fits my topic...)

Last night I didn't get to bed until after midnight, which is late for me, especially since church started today at 9 AM. Imagine my dismay and frustration when I was woken up about 3-3:30 by loud crashes, bangs, and pounding.

It was INSANE! WOW what a storm! There I was, laying in bed, wondering what I was going to do for sleep. I tried a pillow...didn't work. Then I realized that one of the windows was open in the kitchen, and once I closed it, the sound was greatly diminished. Yea!

This morning I asked Shane if the storm had bothered him at all. "What storm?" Indeed, I wondered if I had merely dreamt the whole thing. The sidewalks were all dry...the sky was clear and blue...but wait, then I noticed the nice "windswept" look of the driveway, and branches that had broken off of trees everywhere, and to top it off, that fresh smell that only rain can bring.

He slept through the whole thing! Wish I could've been so lucky. :)

No comments: