Friday, August 8, 2008

6 Random Things About Me....

Okay, this is scary. I feel like I'm giving away my innermost secrets and you will all think I'm weirder and kookier than I already am. What can I say? I was in marching band in high school (okay, color guard), I think that explains it all! ;)

1. I HATE HOT WEATHER!!! I HATE SUMMER!! Hate is a strong word, so that just tells you that I mean business! The only nice things about summer are I get to sleep in and don't have to wake my kids up for school every day, and we get to go on more family trips. Oh, and the fresh produce is nice too...would be nicer if I could get my veggies to actually grow and even somewhat look like Marsha's. :)

2. I think Amish/Mennonite people are cool. I can't say that I agree with all their religious beliefs, since they tend to believe more in the "saved again" Christian type thing, at least, Mennonites do, but, I admire them for what they portray to others and their work ethic.

3. If I went back to college I would major in Family History. (I know, and YES it really is a major, and big surprise here, BYU is one of the few universities in the WORLD to offer it.)

4. Whenever I bake/cook anything for a large group of people, say for a church function, whatever I make totally DOESN'T turn out. At least, not as good as it usually does. For example, today I made lemon bars for our Ward Picnic Party, and while they look fabulous and the lemony topping is wonderful looking, there isn't enough lemon flavor to it. So, it tastes like you're eating a gooey sugar cookie. Not a terrible thing, but it was SUPPOSED to taste like LEMON! I know, I know, petty.

5. A monster lives in my laundry room. I know it does! What else could explain the socks and basically anything else that makes a pair ALWAYS disappearing? It didn't start happening until a few weeks ago either, so I KNOW it couldn't be my fault. :)

6. I love snow cones (shaved ice, Hawaiian ice, icee, whatever you call them) I love them! My favorite flavor right now is wild cherry/lemon-lime. They are soooo yummy! I love gummy candy too. Gummy worms, gummy bears...and the ultimate in gummy goodness, gummy frogs!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Fun! I love to hear all your random thoughts. I think your personality is great!- Marsha

Miss Heather said...

Um, I hate hate HATE hot weather too for the same reasons you do. I'm so excited Fall/Winter is on the way!!