I found this tag on one of my friend's blogs...well, I think they are my friend anyway. :) It is all about my husband Shane, and how we met, our relationship, yadda yadda yadda. One of my favorite topics! Most people I know, already know our "story" but, well, maybe you will find out something that you didn't know.
His name: Shane LaMonte (yes, the "French" spelling...long story, I can tell it to you later.)
How long have you been married? It will be 9 years in September. Can you believe that? CRAZY how time flies.
How long did you date? Still dating. :) Seriously though, we started dating the end of Apr in 1999 and we were engaged by July 21st. Fast, but we knew each other in high school, so it's not like I was meeting someone I had never known before and getting engaged 2 and a half months later.
Who eats more sweets? Tie. We both have a sweet tooth. In fact, it's kind of cute in a way...Shane never buys me flowers, whenever he's thinking of me, he buys me a treat, usually my favorite chocolate bar.
Who said "I love you" first? He did. If I remember right, it was right before my twinkie twin roommate came into our apartment and was appalled that I was sitting on the couch...WITH A BOY! (Yeah, another great story for another time...)
Who is taller? He is. He is 5'11, I am 5'3(barely by the skin of my teeth). It's great to have a tall guy go with you to the store. He can reach anything!
Who can sing better? Me. Shane likes to say that he didn't know that he "couldn't" sing until he got married. No, I didn't complain about his singing. He can sing, and wishes he could sing better.
Who is smarter? Shane. Although, we are both smart in different areas, and Shane likes to tell me that he is glad that he married someone he can have an "intellectual" conversation with. Make no mistake, he's a geek, and I LOVE him for it!
Who does the laundry? Me. It is one of my hidden talents. Who knew? Laundry is actually a chore that I don't mind. Dishes? Well, lets not go there.
Who pays the bills? The computer, with Shane's hard earned money. I think there is maybe one bill that I actually have to pay with a check now. I start teaching piano lessons this month though, so that will bring in a little more cash.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Shane. When we were first married I slept on the right side of the bed, but as our marriage progressed, I switched to the left, and prefer it...maybe because I'm left handed??
Who mows the lawn? The grasshoppers. I have a thing about mowing the lawn with my kids outside (too many operating room horror stories), so I try to let Shane be the mower...if it gets bad enough I will go and do it though.
Who cooks dinner? Me. Shane's idea of cooking dinner is mac'n cheese or beans. I like to cook if someone will do the dishes. Shane is very good at cooking breakfast though.
Who drives? Shane, unless he's sleepy and then I do. So, I end up driving quite a bit if we are headed to either of our parents.
Who is more stubborn? We both have our stubborn points, but Shane is much better about letting things go. I am getting more easy going the longer I am married to him though. I am sooo MELLOW compared to what I was when we first got married.
Who asked out whom first? Shane asked me. He called me on the phone less than a week after I had moved home from college. We ended up going on two dates because he was 2 hours late for our first date (yes, he called to let me know.) We went to Star Wars Phantom Menace. Good thing I was a Star Wars fan! :)
Who proposed? He did. We went hiking up a mountain and he asked me up on top of a ridge. It was really pretty and we could see all across the valley.
Who has more siblings? Neither...:) Shane has 4 brothers and 2 sisters. I have 5 brothers and 1 sister. Yup, 5 boys and 2 girls in each family.
Who wears the pants? I'd say we share.
Tag: anyone who feels like it
Marrying Shane was the best decision I ever made. He is very kind and sweet, and a wonderful man. He truly treats me like a queen. I have never felt unloved.
No comments:
Post a Comment