Monday, August 4, 2008

Country Roads....

I must have rural in my blood.

I like living in a small city. It's nice, it's fairly peaceful, and it's fairly calm. It's very pretty, and I love all the big sycamore trees that line the streets. Still, I pine for open spaces, no sidewalks, and a night sky that is so dark that the stars literally jump out at you.

I grew up in a small town. I think it topped out at 300 people or so. I could be wrong, maybe it was 800! Still, small.

I asked Harrison if he would like to live somewhere like his Grandma and Grandpa (who live on a farm that seriously reminds me of Anne of Green Gables in some ways...) and he informed me that it is "too far from anything."

My son is ruined for life! :) I'm kidding. Still, it makes me want to move to a more open space sooner rather than later. Shane has the same desire. So, some day. It is a goal we are working toward. Until then I guess I will have to content myself with just visiting...

1 comment:

Miss Heather said...

I agree with your son. :o)