Monday, August 18, 2008

Greek food and Plays...



We had quite a fun weekend. In my previous post I wrote about how we were going to go to a play called "Big, the Musical." I had my reservations, because I seem to be a little picky when it comes to liking musicals, even though there are many that I DO like and enjoy. Anyway, I was somewhat pleasantly surprised.

The play is set in the 80's since that is when the movie was made, so it is pretty peppy and upbeat. The actors did a good job. It was fun to watch, although the techno 80's beat got on my nerves after a while. I wouldn't say that it was my favorite play ever, or even really high up on the list, but I liked it better than "Civil War."

The neatest part in the whole play was the set. There is a scene where it is set in Josh's New York apartment. Keep in mind that the Hale Center Theatre stage is a theatre in the round, which means that there are seats surrounding the stage. Anyway, the bottom of the stage opened up and flipped over and a trampoline was underneath. I thought that was so creative and cool. Even cooler is the thought that it was designed by one of the guys that I went to high school with!


After the play we went to dinner. A few years ago we happened across this greek restaurant called Aristo's. It is up by the University of Utah. It is SOOOOOO good! I absolutely love it. Every time we have gone there, it has been a good experience. I highly recommend it. The food prices are a little more on the expensive side (at least for us!) and average about $14-$15 a plate. For more info you can click HERE For an appetizer we usually get the melizanosalata which is whipped eggplant with garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and spices. IT IS SOOOOO YUMMY!

Anyway, the rest of the weekend we spent at Shane's sister's house, and we had a fun time there as well.

No comments: