Well, I think I've almost reached my camping limit. I love to camp, but it is a lot of work, and my body just doesn't seem to handle it the same way it did when I was younger...but I am glad that my kids love it. They always have fun when we go camping.
Anyway, this past week we went camping again starting on Wednesday. That was only a few days after we had gotten back from camping at the Oneida Narrows. This time we went up to North Fork Park, which is a rather large camping area North of Liberty, Utah. I had no idea it even existed until I was the one in charge of my family's reunion, and needed to find another spot.
So, we went up Wednesday, my sister and her family and my parents came up Thursday, and then Friday night to Saturday was our family reunion so almost all the rest of my siblings came up. We had an enjoyable time. The kids had a lot of fun playing in a stream, the weather was perfect, and it was cool at night. I actually needed to use my sleeping bag. That was probably of the difficult things about camping up at Oneida was it was so hot.
We had some interesting things happen this camping trip...not so wonderful things, but they make for a good story later on I'm sure. We got a hole in our tent floor and the tarp underneath the tent floor...bummer! And then, when Shane and the rest of my family went on a hike to a water fall, Shane accidentally dropped our camera over the waterfall. My brother was able to retrieve it at the bottom, and they salvaged the memory card, so that is a good thing, but no more pictures for a while!
Shane felt bad, but I told him I was glad that HE didn't fall over the waterfall too.
Anyway, my body has a hard time recovering from camping and sleeping on an air mattress. So, hopefully my chiropracter will be able to fit me in, because my back hurts! Then I have to mentally prepare myself for camping for another four days, because next week it's off to Young Women's camp!
No comments:
Post a Comment