Tuesday, June 3, 2008

And the light grey is in the lead...

So, it is day 2 of summer vacation. I know, I'm already counting. :) Not really, the kids have been pretty good. Harrison hasn't even once said "I'm bored..." yet. Today he wanted to go play at a friend's and I said sure.

So, I went out to change the sprinkler to a different section of grass and let Sylvie and Hazel come out too. I took a chance and let Sylvie go outside without her leash. She was off like a shot! I'm sure she was thinking, "YES! I can finally go sniff the new neighbor dog!" and sure enough that was where she was headed.

My neighbor was in her backyard doing some gardening, and she told me that Sylvie could "play" with her dogs if she wanted, and also said that Harrison and Hazel could stay too. So, I shut the gates to her backyard and came home. My kids I wasn't too worried about...but Sylvie...well, she is a little unpredictable at times. So, I had my window open and was casually observing, well, keeping an ear out for anything unusual.

This was not overly hard because the house south of our neighbor's house also has dogs except theirs are huge gargantuan german shepherds. Yes, they let everyone know that Sylvie was in the the yard next door instead of the yard she should be in. Then I heard my kids, the gate, and saw three streaks of color race out the yard.

Apparently Sylvie had had all the excitement her little schnauzer heart could take because she came home as soon as I called her. (Mind you, if she doesn't feel like listening she'll just stand there and stare at you like what, you are talking to moi? Just like kids...hehehe...)

No comments: