Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Laundromat

Well, yesterday was tiring. I'd forgotten what laundromats could be like. Granted, there is a nice new laundromat fairly close to us, but the prices are kind of high, course, the smallest machine they have is a double loader. They don't have any top loaders. It's a pretty high tech place! It didn't help that we had to do a LOT of laundry. If we have to do another trip next week, it won't be nearly as crazy.

Going to the laundromat is an interesting experience. At least, it has been every time we've gone. Shane says it always reminds him of when he was on his mission. He has some pretty crazy laundromat stories!

Yesterday wasn't too bad. There was a group of people there that were on their way back from a vacation trip...I don't know why they were washing all their clothes/sheets/towels at the laundromat when they were on their way BACK, but to each his own. They were washing more clothes than we were! Shane was annoyed that they were using both of the huge dryers. It was annoying, but we would've done the same thing with our laundry given the chance!

Hazel was there with us, and she was really good, until Shane had to go to his dentist appointment. As soon as he was gone, she was a mega toad. I think she had a temper tantrum for a full 20 minutes, informing me that she wanted to go home. Then I made the mistake of going/running out to the Yukon to get her coloring book and crayons. She really flipped out then. Usually a coloring book is a good idea with her, but not yesterday! I've never seen people do their laundry so quickly! I can't say that I blame them, I wouldn't have wanted to be there either.

Then there were the shady people. That's the only way I can describe them. It was like they were waiting for a chance, any chance, to go through your stuff while you weren't looking. I think they looked at the lost and found items at least 3 times. They'd walk in, check their stuff, walk over to the lost and found, look through it, glance at your stuff, and then walk out again. Seriously gave me the heebie jeebies. I was not sad when they were gone!

No comments: