Sunday, March 27, 2016

My Purple Mattress Review

We received our purple mattress via UPS on March 9th. So, we have been sleeping on this mattress for a little over two and a half weeks.

Initially I kept seeing ads for it all over everywhere. I had been reading reviews (which of course, being on the internet you wonder which ones are unpaid for and which ones are just random, "I own this mattress" reviews.) There were also some internet commercials that were pretty intriguing, and A LOT of people like to post videos of getting the mattress, opening the mattress, and then the first night sleep, etc.. I didn't do all that. Sorry. I had one person ask me how firm it was.

Okay, so here is my version of a review and what I thought pre and what I think now.

I'll admit I was a little wary. The cost is less (a lot less) than any other mattress that has similar technology. I could be totally mistaken, but from the research I did it seemed like the intelligel beds were the closest, and they are much more expensive than my purple mattress. I wasn't totally thrilled after reading intelligel bed reviews and began to wonder what I had ordered. Purple is NOT intellegel.

I was also a little concerned because I kept reading more professional reviews from people who apparently sleep on mattresses for a living, and they all kept saying the mattress was medium firm. I guess my experience with mattresses has all been firm, so I worried that this mattress would be too firm for us.

A few things put me at ease. There is a return policy, and you can try your mattress for up to 100 days and if you don't like it you can return it. They will come pick it up, full refund, and no shipping charges. My mattress at the time had achieved it's life and was ready to be retired.

Okay, now that I've dragged that out long enough, here you go:

We unpacked the mattress and immediately put it on our bed. Just like everything they've written, you can use your current box spring, platform bed, floor, etc... We used our old box spring. The mattress was comfy just out of unrolling it. (The whole unrolling process is kind of surreal, it's pretty cool to watch.) I was pleasantly surprised that it felt quite cushy to me. Apparently evey mattress we've owned has been "very firm" because it did not feel that firm to me. Perpspective I guess.

The first night Shane slept on it, he woke up afterward and said that usually it took a few minutes for the stiffness to go away, but after waking up on the purple mattress, he didn't feel that way.

After my first night sleeping on the mattress, I felt the same way. In fact, I felt better than that, because I've been trying to heal my back, and it was great. When I went to the chiropractor he barely had to adjust me. I'm going to physical therapy now, and I think having the purple mattress is helping that speed along too.

After two and a half weeks, I am just loving this bed. In fact, at first all I wanted to do was go back to bed because it was so comfortable. It still is. Now I just need to find a pillow to go with it! I sleep deeper now too. I dream a lot more (jury is still out on whether that's a benefit or not, my dreams are crazy!) but just that I am dreaming, is a sign that my body is getting better sleep.

One note, Shane is a little larger and we will probably be getting a mattress topper when purple starts selling them. We kind of knew we would have to do this when we bought the mattress from what we had read, and they have been product testing them with their employees. The mattress topper will add about 2 more inches of the purple elastic polymer layer to the mattress. All I can think is, ooh, more heavenly squishiness! Most people won't need that though.

So, my personal opinion? Most people will love the purple mattress. I know there are a few people that don't like it, and I think you will find that with anything. Nothing works for everyone, but it works for us and I haven't regretted buying it for a second!

If you have questions leave a comment and I will try to answer it. :)


No comments: