School is out. At least for my kids. Seems kind of weird since the district we live in doesn't get out for another week. :)
I decided once again that our summer would be a little more structured than it has in the past. We'll see if I am successful at achieving this! I told the older kids that I thought it would be good to set some goals so that we would have something to work toward. They liked that idea, so hopefully it will be a good motivator.
Basically the morning will be filled with doing chores for the day and working on the goals, which for both my older kids includes practicing music. The goal setting begins today. I would also like to have a wake up time. Not super early, I mean, it IS summer and I don't want to totally kill their fun, but if I let her, Hazel would sleep in until 10:30 every day.
The other thing we need to work on is getting things ready for Harrison to do online school. Of course he is already registered, it's just making sure he has a space that is suitable for doing school work. I know that they say they can do it "anywhere" but it seems in our family, that if there is specific place set aside to work on schoolwork it just seems to go better.
At the very least I would like my kids to work on practicing their instruments. This one is especially crucial for Harrison since he hurt his wrist in February and is just now getting to the point where he can start working with it again. He's lost a lot of muscle and wrist control in his bow hand, so hopefully he can gain some of it back.
Of course it's important for Hazel too. She has a lot of building blocks she needs to work on. We'll see how that goes. She doesn't like having me for a teacher. Lol. I really have to be more aware of her frustration triggers when I teach her.
So, 1, 2, 3, here we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment