Monday, October 13, 2014

Healing

The surgery went well. I spent one night in the hospital and then came home that afternoon. It hasn't been too bad of a recovery really.

I am a little antsy to be back to normal though. I can tell that it is going to take a huge amount of patience on my part to be good and not do anything I'm not supposed to until the doctor clears me.

My follow up appointment is in six weeks.

It's weird because some of the pain is similar to a c-section (which makes sense since they had to release the uterus from the c section scar) but most of the pain comes from where I imagine my ovaries are. Visualizing all the blood vessels they had to cauterize/ligate, that also makes sense. I just never thought of it before. Then of course there is the pain from the small incisions where they inserted the scopes.

So far today I haven't had to take any heavy painkillers, just ibuprofen. I hope that keeps up. That would be nice. :)

I guess I forgot to mention that they were able to save my ovaries. In fact, my doctor said they looked like they were in really good condition. So, that is great news. I have to wonder if they look that way because of the herbs that I started taking a few months ago. Either way, I am glad they weren't removed. I really didn't want to be on hormone therapy for 30 years.

Emotionally I am feeling lonely. I guess that's the best way to put it. I also feel tired, which is understandable. Hopefully I will continue to get better and heal the way I am supposed to,

No comments: