My son came home today from school and asked me where I was when the towers got hit in NYC. We talked about it. He was almost one when it happened. My other kids hadn't been born yet. I'm glad it's something they discussed at school. I'm glad they felt it was important enough to remember and talk about with the students. My son's class watched a documentary by NOVA about how it was possible for the twin towers to collapse and fall down. My daughter's class talked about one of the airplanes and how ordinary people became heroes that day because of what they did.
I was sitting here thinking about how one of my friends described it as "our generation's day of infamy."
It got me thinking about other things that I remember happening...
The Challenger space shuttle blowing up...
The Berlin wall being torn down...
Columbine...
It's interesting to reflect and see the impact these things have on our lives.
I hope we always remember. I know I will.
No comments:
Post a Comment