It has been a busy time this past week!
Jeffrey turned three, Harrison and Hazel started school, Emmett got an ear infection, and the county fair is happening! It makes me glad that Harrison and Hazel don't raise animals for the fair, or my definition of busy would have just gotten expanded. :)
Hazel is so excited to be in 5th grade. I think she has been waiting for this for two years, because now she gets to play the violin! The school my kids go to has an orchestra program that starts in the 5th grade. (I personally, cannot believe that she is in 5th grade!! Where did the time go?!)
Harrison is in 8th grade now! Wowza! He is still playing the viola, but this year, if he can practice really hard and learn the solo I picked out for him in the next two weeks, he wants to be in the local chamber youth orchestra. Our area has two youth programs. The youth chamber orchestra, for middle school/junior high aged kids, and the youth symphony, for high school kids. I have a feeling we will be involved with these groups for a while. I am grateful really, because it is so good to have programs like this available!
Jeffrey was so funny on his birthday. Every time we tried to sing to him, he would cover his face. Then, we had gotten a small cake to celebrate with, and Shane was holding it with one hand, and it fell over onto the floor. I was glad that we hadn't lit the candles yet, and that it was a smaller, fairly inexpensive cake. Apparently that cake really had issues with being dropped, because more pieces dropped when we would try to put them on plates. It was quite hilarious.
Poor little Emmett started having a runny eye a few days ago, and we decided it was time to take him to the doctor. I am glad we did! He has an ear infection. If he hadn't had a runny eye along with the changes inside his ear, they probably would have waited to see if it improved or got worse, but since he did, and his eye was running, and you could just tell he felt terrible, the doctor felt that antibiotics were a good idea at this point. So, hopefully he will start to feel better soon!
Now we've still got to go to the fair to see how our entries did.
For a week that is barely have over....it feels like it's been a complete week!
No comments:
Post a Comment