And the crazy comes out and I feel like I am losing it, and wondering what possessed us to think this was a grand plan.
Last year we had a yard sale. We were preparing to move (hopeful at the time) and wanted to whittle down the stuff we had. I was ecstatic! Yay, we would be getting rid of stuff!
And really, it was a good yard sale. We made enough money to help us fund our family trip for the summer (nothing so wonderful or amazing as Disneyland...or expensive) but enough for our kids to not feel completely deprived and have a fun time.
Well, at that point in time, I still wondered if I would have another baby. At that point in time I wasn't ready to get rid of my maternity clothes or any of the baby clothes, because (what if I got pregnant and it was a boy y'know?)
Now I am ready. I am content. Things are good and I am very happy with the kids we have and we can move on! :) So, now I am beyond overwhelmed at the clothes. HOLY CANNOLI the clothes. Who knew you could fit that many clothes in a tote? And...how in the world did we fit that many totes in our small house. Shnikeys, no wonder we have no room for anything! All our storage space is taken up with totes of clothes!
Then I get more overwhelmed because who comes to a yard sale where there are just clothes?
So I started looking over the other items we are selling. They just keep coming and appearing! It's crazy!
Enter in insomnia and anticipation of said yard sale.
Add to that a tired spouse who while wanting the yard sale to happen, is too tired to put very much effort into preparing for it (which I understand, but doesn't help me and the four hour sleep attitude I have at the moment...)
And the lawn needs to get mowed....
And my daughter has a birthday party to go to this evening...
And
And
And
And I am left wondering how well this yard sale is going to play out when it's supposed to start tomorrow at 8am, and all I'm really sure of is the baby furniture, clothes, and couch needing to be sold...
Ah well...this too shall pass...hopefully with a little money...
That's the conundrum...
I want to get rid of stuff, but how cheap is too cheap and how much is too much? If I ask too much nothing will sell. If I ask too little (which because of the amount of clothes, I seriously want to just write "free" on half of it and be done), then we won't make any money to go on our trip this year.
That's what's going on in my mind right now.
That and my littlies are tired and refusing to take naps. I'm sitting here wishing I COULD take a nap! :)
Ah such is life. It is what it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment