Back when we first moved into our house, I bought a plant of candy tuft. It's a perennial that grows really well where we live. I had no idea how it would do, since I tend to not do so well with plants. (I guess I should change that mentality and tell myself that I do really great with plants and can grow anything...) Anyway, I bought a bunch of other perennials too, but the candy tuft was the only one that survived.
Year after year, the candy tuft would continue to grow bigger and more beautiful. I got compliments all the time on it when it was in bloom. That was the one downfall really, it bloomed for about three weeks, looking absolutely gorgeous, and then it was just green the rest of the time.
No matter how badly I neglected the candy tuft, it seemed to do better and better. This was the ideal flower for me!
Well, last year I decided to be really good and have a pretty flower garden. I even trimmed my candy tuft, thinking it would be like my other perennials and prefer this treatment. I thought, that maybe it would help the flower grow even bigger and better.
Alas, it was not to be. I killed my candy tuft! By paying attention to it, feeding it, watering it, and taking care of it, I killed it! I cannot believe it. For once in my life, I actually killed a plant by paying too much attention to it.
Oh well. I guess I will have to plant more flowers there this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment