So, yesterday was a blah day. At the time I thought I was just bummed about all the health things going on in my life right now, but later in the day, I realized that I was probably dealing with female hormones. Sweet!
Still, add in crazy energetic two-year-old and especially needy "I have a cold" one year old... yeah, I pretty much failed yesterday.
I wasn't feeling very nice, or kind, or motherly, and I didn't really behave that way either. Enough so, that I had a major talk with myself about how the way I was behaving was NOT ACCEPTABLE and not how I wanted to be.
I received a teeny little vindication when Shane tried really hard to not lose it when Jeffrey and Emmett acted the same way for him as they had been for me all day long. Still, it didn't excuse my behavior.
Today has been much better, because I focused more on being the way I should be, and not raising my voice, or getting upset for whatever thing Jeffrey decided to get into.
Whenever I am thinking the kids are out of control, I have to think about how I am behaving. Is my behavior helping them behave better? Or am I just making matters worse? In my experience, getting upset never helps, it seems to always make matters worse. Then everyone ends up feeling terrible and awful and what a yucky atmosphere to be in.
I am glad today has been better. It is definitely a motivator to me to be more positive and happy and to not dwell on negative things, or things that I can't change.
No comments:
Post a Comment