Once we got to whom we were visiting, she did let us know that yes, she had heard the lesson a few times. I pressed on. I didn't feel inspired to give most of the lesson, because I knew she'd heard it. What I did feel inspired to give was the scripture. Unlike everything else in the article, scripture references are written but you have to look them up. (I know, work!) Still, when I had read one particular scripture it had stood out to me more than anything else, so that was what I shared.
It came from D&C 50:24
24 That which is of God is a light; and he that b receiveth c light, andd continueth in God, receiveth more e light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.
Then, I also felt like I should share an insight that I had had, in trying to sort out my thoughts with things that people had told me in the past.
This is how my mind works. It's how I learn. I look at ways people live their life (I'm not excluded from this) and I look at what occurred and how it's affected their life, and I think, do I want that to happen to me? Then I take that information and apply it to my own life.
There once was a person with a strong testimony. Because they were scientifically minded, (which isn't bad) they decided they needed to find proof if the church was false, if religion was false, that God doesn't exist, and that Jesus Christ isn't real. Guess what? For them, they found proof of all these things, and their testimony was gone.
There once was a person with a strong testimony. Because they were scientifically minded, (which isn't bad) they decided they needed to find proof that the church was true, that religion has merit, that God is all powerful and loves us, and that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. Guess what? They found proof of all these things and their testimony was strengthened.
Here is what I shared: You will find what you are looking for.
If you are looking to prove something false, you will find things to support your claim, if you are looking to prove that God exists, you will find it. So what's right? What's true? I can't tell you that. I know that for me, I have a sincere testimony that the gospel is true, that Jesus is the Christ, our Savior and Redeemer, the Light of the World, that He is our brother and that He loves us dearly. I also firmly believe that if we search for good, we will find it. If we search for miracles we will find them. If we look for proof that God has a vested interest in our choices and beliefs, we will find them.
No comments:
Post a Comment