It's been a while since I've reviewed a book on here. I read books all the time, I just don't write reviews about them....hmmm, maybe I should...
Anyway, this book review is about a book called Heaven Is Here.
I can tell that I am going to have to buy my own copy. So, here is a little back story first. A few years ago I stumbled across a blog called, The Nie Nie Dialogues. My friend had a link posted to it, and I followed the link. I enjoyed it. I thought it was witty and cute, and it wasn't surprising that it had a pretty large following. I remember it had a been a few months and I went to read the blog again, only to find out that the writer of the blog had been in a plane crash. I remember it was right after it happened because her sister had posted something, and linked to her blog, and it had all just barely occurred.
Well, Heaven Is Here, is the book about this lady. It is an breathtaking story. Miraculous. Amazing. Her blog is always very upbeat and positive. The book delves into what it was like on a personal level. The gutwrenching heartache and difficulty after coming back and getting used to a life in a body that survived having 80% of the skin be burned, and having part of that be a new face.
I think I cried about every other chapter of that book. I would just sit there and cry. It was a very emotional journey for me. A very good cleansing journey. I would read, and then I would think, and then I would just think of how grateful I am for my life.
I was also impressed with the love her husband has for her, and his dedication to taking care of her and showing her how much he loved her, no matter what. I think he reminded me of the love I know that Shane has for me.
So, I give this book 5 out of 5 pens. It's the kind of book that you could read again. It's the kind of book that I'm sure will make me pause, and think, "It's not that bad. Other people have survived worse, and come out on top." If you haven't read it, read it. It would definitely be worth your time.

No comments:
Post a Comment