About a year ago we received a box of frozen chicken. When I write a box, I mean a BOX...about 30 lbs worth. We were really grateful, but what do you do with a box of frozen chicken that is all frozen together?
We decided to cook it all and then refreeze it. For some reason I decided to shred it all, because, shredded chicken can go in lots of things, right? Then, because I must have been feeling lazy at the moment, or because someone had given us advice once and told us it was "so easy" I put all the chicken in the mixer to shred it. Then we weighed and measured and put it all in labeled freezer bags.
In hindsight it wasn't a bad idea, but now, I wish I had done it all by hand, because apparently we are picky shredded chicken people, and shredding it in the mixer made it shred too fine. So, no matter what I make with our frozen shredded chicken...about the only thing we can stand is when we make chicken quesadillas. Even then, it just has a weird texture and is like eating a mouthful of mush.
Shane is definitely not a picky eater, and is always really grateful for whatever I make for dinner, but I can usually pinpoint when I make something that he doesn't really like. Lately, it's pretty much been anything with the frozen shredded chicken! Lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment