There are a lot of things that seem to run in my family. Depression is one of them. I first started to deal with it when I was about thirteen and going to middle school. I still remember the thoughts I had. I still remember how I felt, and wondering why I was feeling the way I did. It was hard.
The middle of my freshman year in high school, I decided I needed to change. I looked at my life, and really tried to remove anything negative. I looked over the music I listened to, the books I read, the movies I watched, the people I spent time with, and if I felt it was negative...I removed it. It was gone. A bit drastic, but it helped the depression go away, for a time.
That was just the first time.
After I was married, and had had my first child, I dealt with depression again. This time I went on an antidepressant. It helped, but it made me feel like I was on a cloud. I didn't feel like I was me. I didn't like it. I began to search for other ways to deal with depression.
The most beneficial for me, seemed to be energy work, foot zoning, and for a time, essential oils. I realized I had a lot of emotional baggage. It really helped keep the depression at bay, but it always seemed to come back. Still, I felt it was better than using medication to deal with it. I felt better.
So, a little while ago, I was struggling again. I was given access to Carol Tuttle's 7 Chakras healing program. I had dealt a little bit with chakras when I had had energy work done, so it wasn't a huge shift to just working on chakras.
In the program, she goes over all the chakras in detail, and how to open them, or heal them. She actually includes another chakra that isn't typically used, so technically there are 8 chakras that you can open/heal. I started with the first one. Just clearing and opening that one chakra made such a difference in my mind! It was amazing and wonderful!
As I have cleared others, a similar thing has taken place, and it has been so good. I still have two more that I need to clear, but I feel so much better now than I did. The thoughts in my mind are so much more positive. When a negative thought tries to enter in, I think, no, that's not right. That's not how it is.
It has also helped me be more positive. I have a better outlook on things. I'm able to do things that I wasn't able to before. I can actually feel my body healing things that it has dealt with for a long time. Another great thing, is I yell less. Things that used to bug me immensely don't seem to bother me as much anymore.
It's been a great mind shift, and a great change for me. Once I clear the last two, it will be interesting to see how I feel, and for how long. It's been a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment