Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sinus greatness..

I wrote that title, because my sinuses have been awful this year. Blah.

Back before I knew I was allergic to strawberries, I would eat strawberries and then have a reaction. Since it was like the worst hay fever you've ever imagined, I just thought it was hay fever. Back then I only had strawberries when they were in season, which also coincided with hay fever season, so it took me awhile to put the two together.

Anyway, Saturday evening I started having a similar reaction. Only problem, I have NO idea what I ate that caused the reaction! I think it was some chocolate we bought at a candy counter. It makes me wonder if they dipped strawberries in the chocolate and then dipped other things. It is possible. I was even feeling okay on Sunday evening (not great, but not terrible) until I ate some more of the chocolate. Then it was terrible, and I have been dealing with that since then.

Yesterday was bad enough that my mom helped with the little boys while my older kids were at school. I had to take benedryl to help with the reaction, and yeah, benedryl pretty much takes me out. By the afternoon I was able to take sudafed and have it help, so no more benedryl, yay!

Today has been much better, and I have been drinking honey/lemon/cayenne pepper drops in warm water which has helped my sinuses drain better and clear them out. I like this method better than rinsing my sinuses. BLECH!!

Hmm...just realized this post is kinda gross in a sinus way. Sorry. Guess I should've warned you beforehand!

No comments: