It has been quite the weekend for me.
We'll start with Friday. Early Friday morning I was holding Emmett on my bed, rolled, and apparently rolled wrong, and threw my back out. I'm guessing it happened about 3 or 4 in the morning, because by the time I went to my chiropractor at 8 I could barely walk and felt like I had daggers shooting down my legs.
Thankfully, my awesome sister in law came and helped me, because I wasn't supposed to lift anything, and there is no way I could have taken care of my two little kidlings. I also had to call and find someone to take my shift at the library, because there is no way I could have helped people when I could barely stand upright.
Every time I throw out my back it reminds me how grateful I am that I have the health I do. It also gives me more motivation to not take my back for granted and to be more kind to it.
So, after all weekend, now I can mostly get around without pain. Compared to Friday it is quite improved, but compared to no pain at all, yes there is still some there. Not enough to keep me from working at the library today though! I can do it! Plus, I will be second clerk so I will just be assisting the other clerk for a few hours.
The good part of this weekend was general conference. It was so nice and inspiring and spiritually uplifting to listen to the leaders of our church, especially in the conflicting times that we are experiencing.
The future is going to be very interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment