It's been a long, although mostly enjoyable day. I was going to write a really profound and deep post yesterday, but then I didn't, and now, I can't even remember the topic I was going to write about.
I would chalk this up to me being ornery. I don't know if I'm ornery because I never get good sleep anymore...and it finally caught up to me today, or if it's just being a female and dealing with hormone fluctuations... I don't know, but I know that if I was someone else, I wouldn't want to be around me. So, of course that's a sign to me that I need to CHILL OUT and change my attitude.
So, I've been trying.
It hasn't been very successful so far.
This probably has something to do with my 2 year old, whom I dearly love, but who is definitely NOT a morning person, and I had to wake him up before he woke up on his own this morning, and WOW, yeah, it was pretty bad. Of course, when I really think about it, he is just behaving the way deep down inside I wish I could behave right now, because I feel the same way! Even though I am a morning person.
I have slowly been trying to get Emmett used to sleeping on his own in a pack and play. We initially bought a crib, but then spent about eight months trying to figure out where we were going to put the crib, and well, it has never even been put together. New in the box. *sigh* If we move in time to use the crib, I don't know if we will. Maybe we will because it does convert to a toddler bed and we do need a toddler bed for Jeffrey, which was kind of the whole point in getting a second crib anyway... Still, a crib won't fit in our room, and that's where Emmett sleeps, so pack and play it is.
I also have one that we got for my mom (she asked) and I have it set up in our living room for when Emmett takes naps. He isn't completely going for it yet though. Most of the time he instantly wakes up and looks at me like I just did the most horrible thing. There are times where he stays asleep though, and they are becoming more frequent. So, I figure if we keep working at it eventually it will be the place where he sleeps!
And I'm still ornery... blah.
No comments:
Post a Comment