I don't like humidity. I don't tend to sweat a lot, but when it's humid, even I get sweaty. TMI probably, but really that's my way of knowing if it is humid or not! And it has been humid!
Today it was in the 40%+ range so it's been like a sauna. It makes me grateful that I don't have to rely on a swamp cooler, because it wouldn't be working so well, since a swamp cooler's ability to cool is based on the amount of water in the air.
I guess it just goes with the way the summer has gone. It's been fairly hot for where we live, and it's been that way for months, which is unusual. June is usually in the 70's-80's, July 80's-90's, and then late July and August kick in with the 100's and 90's. If the summer continues on late, September will be hot too. *sigh*
Still, fall is on the horizon, and I've noticed a few leaves starting to change already. WOW. Squash is beginning to come in season, which is always a favorite with me, as well as tomatoes and peaches.
I know 40% may not feel like a lot to some people, and a lot of people would just laugh, but when you live in the desert, and a high humidity level is like 20%, anything above that is high. I keep waiting for the time when I will be able to wake up again and not have my hair be wet.
My kids keep complaining that the house is hot, and I keep telling them the house will be hot as long as they continue to forget to close their windows in the morning... :P
No comments:
Post a Comment