Friday, April 19, 2013

Tappa tappa tappa

So, last Friday I had a brilliant idea. My niece was getting baptized the next day, and Shane couldn't go, so I would take Hazel, Jeffrey, and Emmett and spend the night at my sister's. It would be great, and since she lives two hours away from me, we would get to spend more time there then if we just came and went the same day.

It wasn't too bad, and it was fun to talk with my sister and Hazel got to play with her cousins. Jeffrey and Emmett both slept well (a miracle, I must have had angel intervention!) and everything went well the following  day.

My parents were there and helped with Jeffrey, as well as pretty much everyone else there since Jeffrey was in top, I have lots of energy, form. I was worn out, but the drive home went wonderfully.

The trip maxxed me out emotionally though. No sleep, dealing with an infant and a toddler without Shane, really threw me for a loop. I already knew that Shane was my rock, and this just confirmed it for me!

Well, the week went on, but emotionally, I stayed maxxed out. I couldn't get back in the swing of things. Emmett stopped sleeping at night, and decided that was the time he should be awake. The pinnacle was reached Wednesday night, when I basically got one hour of solid sleep. I was a zombie!

Shane had me sleep the next morning. Emmett has ruined my sleep cycle. Even when I'm allowed to sleep, my brain thinks two solid connected hours is all it can do! Then my older kids had parent teacher conferences for the last of the year. They were good and bad. In my emotional state, they were hard, and we were there for THREE hours. THREE.

I came home and was a wreck. Shane made me go back to sleep for an hour, and then I got up, told him about the meetings, and a half hour later made him go to bed since he hadn't been to bed yet.

Also at this time, Jeffrey was being his cute, exhausting bundle of energy self. I started texting my sister in law. I wasn't completely overwhelmed, but I was overwhelmed, exhausted, tired, frustrated, and a whole bunch of other emotions.

She asked me if I had tapped it out.

I was so glad she asked me this! Tapping is awesome and works extremely well with me. I tapped out a bunch of the emotions I was feeling, and almost instantly felt better. This morning, I actually had energy instead of wondering how I was going to make it through the day.

I need to tap again. It is going to be a daily thing for a while I can tell. If it will get me through this exhausting time though, it will be so worth it!

If you don't know anything about tapping out emotions, it is so worth looking up. It sounds weird, but if you're like me and hang on to emotions (and most people do to some extent) it is so beneficial, and so helpful!

Speaking of which....I think it's time to go tap again. :)

No comments: