I received the Liebster Blog Award!
Definition: Liebster is a German word meaning favorite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster Blog Award is awarded by bloggers to other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.
So, here's the RULES for the Liebster blog award:
1. Link back to the person who awarded it to you.
2. Post the award to your blog...(you can steal the button from above)
3. List 11 random facts that people don't know about you.
4. Answer 11 questions provided for you by the person who nominated you.
5. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
6. Ask 11 new questions for the 5 bloggers that you've just nominated to answer.
7. Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know that they've been offered this award.
My friend Marsha nominated me, which made me super happy and gave me warm fuzzies. :) I can't remember how to link back to things, and her blog is private anyway, so...good luck with that one. If she knows you though, you could just ask her to add you to her approved readers list.
11 is a lot, so I'm just going to do five and five.
5 RANDOM things about me:
1. I love chocolate.
2. I have never lived outside the state where I was raised.
3. I like to listen to the sound of rain.
4. I have to fight thinking negative thoughts about myself all the time, and being paranoid about whether people like me or not.
5. One of my favorite tv shows right now is Bones.
Questions from Marsha:
1. How did your husband propose? We hiked to a high ridge on a mountain, looking over the valley and he asked me. The goal had been to get to the top of the mountain, but we hiked up the other side of the mountain, and would have needed rock climbing gear to complete the task. :)
2. What is one of the most memorable moments from the birth of one of your children? Well, I've already shared the scary parts of Hazel's birth, so I'll share Jeffrey's birth. I was a bit apprehensive about what would happen after having Hazel, and nothing was sweeter to my ears then to hear the hearty cries that came from Jeffrey when he was born, and I knew he was just fine.
3. How is being a wife different than you dreamed it would be when you were single? To be honest, I am living the dream. I wanted a husband who would love me, respect me, cherish me, think I was awesome and amazing, and I got so much more.
4. How is being a parent different? It's easier and harder than I thought it would be. Like every person who doesn't have kids, I would think, "well, when I have kids...I'm not going to do that!" HAHAHAHAHA..... It's been a journey, that's for sure, but a good one. There is nothing quite like the love you feel for a child that you are completely in charge of and have care over. I remember after having Harrison it was so weird to think that I was a mom and I had a son, and I was completely responsible for him! There are many days of joy, and many days of frustration where I feel like my parenting skills are severely lacking. I have had many experiences that I could have never even imagined back when I was single, and they've taught me a lot.
5. Are there any important life lessons you would love to go back in time and tell a younger version of yourself? I think the main one would be to relax a little and have fun. Take time to smell the roses and don't worry about the small things in life. Don't let fear rule your world! I would also warn myself to believe in my intuition and not get an apartment with the twinkie twins. : P
My questions:
1. Favorite holiday/why?
2. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
3. How did you meet your spouse?
4. If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. Favorite work of fiction?
People I'm nominating: (no idea if they'll do this or not...)
1. Amanda
2. Gayle
3. Shari
4. Debbie
5. Raili

No comments:
Post a Comment