Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pet Peeve

So, you know how Monk has a bunch of phobias...probably a hundred since that's his favorite number... Sometimes I feel like I have that many pet peeves. My pet peeves aren't huge or anything. I don't let them take over my life, or prevent me or give me an excuse to be ornery, but sometimes...I'll be doing something and the thought will enter my mind...this really BUGS me!!! 

This seems to happen more frequently the more I drive to drop off and pick up my kids from school. I know I'm not a perfect driver, but seriously... take today for example. There was a suburban behind me that gave new definition to the term "tailgating..."

She was following SO CLOSE behind me that she actually went into the other lane. Were her brakes not working, was she just in a hurry, was she just an ANNOYING driver? No idea. Part of me just sat there muttering and I actually said, hey, just run into me, then I can go to the hospital and get a new vehicle! Paid for by YOU!!!

Then there was the day I turned onto a road slowed down for the crossing guard and saw an ambulance headed our way, so of course the vehicles move to the side of the road... well, one driver who must have just felt like they were super cool for breaking the law, followed the ambulance making it impossible for us to get back into our lane. Then because this person (a teenager) did it, other drivers did it too. REALLY. REALLY?!! Sheesh. I'm sure it saved them a whole minute, since the crossing guard had to stand back in the road to let students cross.

I wanted a sign to thank the courteous driver who stopped and let us back in our lane!

So yeah, rude drivers bug me. I seem to encounter A LOT of them. It just makes me try harder to be a courteous, but defensive driver. I'm surprised there aren't more accidents before and after school.

No comments: