Wednesday, October 24, 2012

One of Those Days...

It's been an interesting week. You'd think since last week was so physically/mentally draining dealing with an extremely sick child that this week I'd just be a bundle of energy and happy! Jeffrey certainly is! He went from being so sick he was almost sleeping all day and night, to having endless amounts of energy (like normal!)

Apparently I'm not able to make the transition that quickly...if anything, I am more tired, and well...more tired. It's like I'm pregnant or something....sheesh!

Shane keeps reminding me that it takes a lot of energy to grow another person.

I keep telling myself that everything is going to be fine and to just chill and tuck away the type A anal personality inside of me that wants everything spotless. Well, okay, not SPOTLESS, but clean would be nice. :)

I'm lucky if I can do the dishes and not have to take a nap after.

For two days this week I was busy doing laundry, trying to catch up and get my laundry room to the point where you could walk into it. I actually achieved it! I was pretty happy with myself. Then I look at the rest of the house and just have to take a deep breath.

It's at times like this that I have to remind myself of all the things I have to be grateful for, and stop thinking of all the negative things. Stop telling myself that I'm a terrible mom, because I know I'm not. Shane always tells me that the fact that I'm worried about it proves that I'm a good mom.

I just have to flip my thinking from being negative and pessimistic to being positive and optimistic. Instead of looking at my house and seeing the toys everywhere and the messy kitchen, I need to think of the cute little hands that play with those toys, and how glad I am that those little hands are here. Focusing on the joy in my life always seems to help. :)

And so, I am listening to Christmas songs. Seriously. I KNOW. I am NOT one of those people that listens to Christmas songs this early. If anything I am one of those people that wait until about two weeks before Christmas before I'll even turn the radio on. This year though, the Christmas bug has bit me early, and if Christmas songs make me feel happy then by golly I'm going to listen to them!!!  : D

No comments: