Saturday, October 20, 2012

Girls Night

So, almost a year ago...I started going to a girls night out with one of my friends. Occasionally we take our husbands along :) and a couple times other women have come too, but it's usually just us. It has been nice because it gets me out of the house for just a little bit, and I don't have to deal with kids.

At first there were a lot of movies out that we wanted to see, so we would go eat, and then see a movie. Lately though, because of busyness and because there haven't really been any movies that I've wanted to see, we have mostly just had dinner and called it good. I am so fine with that, because it's nice to just go eat, and hang out and talk for a little while.

This month we went to Olive Garden. Since it's fall they have their fall desserts available, one if which is pumpkin cheesecake. Now, I am not a pumpkin pie fan. I really, it just....blech. Just thinking about it makes me gag a little. It's a texture thing. I love the flavor of pumpkin stuff. I love pumpkin cookies, cake, bread, ice cream, yum! So, I thought, hmm, pumpkin with the texture of cheesecake....well....it's not. So, just in case you're wondering, it's more like pumpkin pie with a cheesecake crust and weird mushy mousse cream on top. I about gagged. Shane was happy though, because he got to eat it! :)

It really made me wish I had ordered the lemon creme cake, or the black tie chocolate mousse cheesecake. Both of which I really like. Or even the raspberry cheesecake... oh well...however if you ARE a pumpkin pie fan, you will love it! :)

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I am sorry you didn't like your cheesecake. After I ate mine, I could see that it was NOT going to be something that you would like. Too much like pumpkin pie. On the other hand, Scott and I enjoyed it, but I don't think I will order it again. I'd rather have real cheesecake or real pumpkin pie, and not this hybrid.