Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Exciting

I should probably end that title with, "to me." Because it is exciting to me, but other people?...no idea.

I was thinking today as I went to my doctor appointment, how amazing it is to see a good ultrasound of the baby. I've had bad ultrasounds before...those are the ones where the doctor gets real quiet, and then tells you things aren't progressing the way they're supposed to...or that the baby has gotten smaller instead of bigger...or that there's no heartbeat. Those aren't fun.

However...today's ultrasound was great. We saw the baby moving, we could see their head, they were waving their hands and legs, it was very nice. I could even see the little black dot in the middle that was their stomach. SO COOL!

It just made me keep thinking about how precious life is, and how there is nothing quite like seeing a baby moving on the screen of an ultrasound.

At today's visit I was 14 weeks and 4 days.

By my next appointment I could find out what we are having! That would be so cool! I might wait until the big ultrasound though, that will take place at about 20 weeks. We'll see.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

That is so wonderful! I am so happy for you guys. We are about a week and a half away from our next ultrasound, which is our big one, and I can't help but be nervous that everything is okay. Not only because I am still unsure about "Am I really feeling the baby?" and just that everything is developing normally... Wish us luck too!