Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A little this, a little that...

So I deleted my vent post. Not surprising to me, because usually I delete them after about...15-30 minutes. :)

Anyway, the end of last week was kind of crazy. Friday, because I had been eating horrendous food all week, my bad eating caught up to me, and I starting having the same pain that I had before I got my gallbladder out.

Not the same level, not anywhere near the same level, but enough to make me wonder if something was wrong. It was also enough to not make me feel that great. Of course this also had to happen while Shane and  Harrison were gone on a father/son weekend camp out.

Then, I learned something new. An "aha" moment if you will, because after I learned it, I wondered why I didn't already know it. Even with no gallbladder, you can still have the same pain. You can still have stones. This makes sense to me, because the liver still produces bile, and you still have bile ducts, so naturally if you are eating foods that are really fatty and greasy, then you can still get stones and have them plug your bile ducts. *great*

In some ways it was a good thing though, because it has really made me evaluate what we have been eating, and has also reinforced my "eating whole foods" thing. Now of course I have to add, eating lower-fat whole foods. So, I guess that means more produce. :)

The added benefits to eating this way, I hear will be numerous. It should help my PCOS simmer down, and possibly go away. It should help my insulin resistance go away, which should help me lose weight. See, these are all good things!

The hard thing is it is like learning a new language. I didn't grow up eating this way. All the recipes I learned were mostly comfort-food recipes. Still, I like to cook, so it will be a new adventure, that's for sure.

I have already lowered my fat intake, which I should have done before. Quite honestly, it has made fast-food not even appealing. All I think about is the pain I was feeling. It's almost like being allergic to something. I think about it for a moment, and then decide it isn't worth the pain that might possibly come if I eat it.


No comments: