Monday, June 25, 2012

Good News and Less Than Good News...

Well, things have been busy lately, and distracting, and kinda crazy. Last week we were supposed to have a family reunion at my sister's house, but she got sick. Really sick...as in, we don't know what the outcome will be yet. She isn't hospitalized...yet. However...well...let's just say she is on my mind a LOT and I keep hoping and praying that things won't be as bad as they are appearing so far.

So, instead of going to the reunion, Hazel was able to spend more time with her cousin, and even help celebrate her cousin's birthday, so it all worked out.

On Saturday we drove three hours...maybe four, it keeps blurring in my mind, to Shane's sister's house for a family thing they had going on, and then Sunday evening we came back. I was quite impressed with how well   Jeffrey handled it all. He is the first baby we've had that actually sleeps quite well at night, no matter where we are, and riding for that long in a vehicle...he was a trooper! Although, by the end of the whole trip, he was done and definitely ready to be home. I always feel that babies kind of express themselves in ways we wish we could if we had no self control. ;)

Today we headed for our bi-annual cleaning/checking of teeth at the dentist. The kids had no cavities (minus three that they are "waiting" to see on Hazel. Hopefully, they will be fine until she gets her permanent teeth in. Harrison was told to brush more often and better, so his gums will get healthier, and me...well, they decided that the two cavities that I had were getting worse, so I get to have those fixed. *joy* This is quite the negative milestone for me. The first time in my whole life that I will have to have cavities fixed. Oh well. I made it until I was almost 33, I think that's pretty good! :)

Shane gloated a little bit, until I told him that I only had six teeth that qualified for sealants because my other teeth were too perfect and smooth.  (I'm not making that up.) It's okay though. Shane's teeth always need dental work, and not because he doesn't take care of them. However, going to the dentist on a regular basis has been good for his teeth too. When he had his last checkup he didn't have any new cavities. That was a first for him! So, way to go babe!

No comments: