Saturday, March 10, 2012

11 tag

I actually got tagged to do a blog tag. I think that has only happened one other time. :)
Woo Woo!


THE RULES:
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
5. Tag 11 people

11 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME:

1. I love all shades of blue except royal blue. I don't know what it is about that shade, but I do not like it.

2. My favorite chocolate bar is Hershey's Almond. I like almost all chocolate, but that one is my favorite.

3. When I was in high school I used to draw pictures of faces just for fun and then I would name them.

4. I always wanted to have a house in the country with acres of land.

5. I love the way it feels to be in a forest of tall trees. I would probably love the east coast for that reason. :)

6. When I look at houses I always look at how big the kitchen is, it's my favorite room in the house!

7.I used to think wood and tile floors were cool, and now I hate them. Tile breaks everything and is super slippery when wet, and wood/pergo has to be swept ALL THE TIME. Give me a vacuum cleaner and carpet any day!

8. I used to think I would have a big family, but now I realize that three is just right. :)

9. Before I got married my name would get skipped all the time. ALL THE TIME. It was bizarre how many times it would get skipped when it was on a list.

10. My favorite subject in school was English, but now I enjoy History more. Of course, maybe that's because instead of memorizing dates of things I actually learn about the era and it's fascinating to me.

11. When I was in elementary school they used to give us canned spinach and my brother and I would always get huge helpings because we loved it so much. Then all the kids at the tables would give us their spinach too. I still remember thinking it was SO YUMMY!


11 QUESTIONS asked me:

1. What's one of the hardest decisions you've ever made? When I found myself falling in with the wrong group of people I had to step away from them. Even though they were more accepting of me than anyone else.

2. What's one of your biggest dreams you have for your life? I need to get some new ones. :) I still want to have a house in the country with a couple acres of land.

3. What's one character trait you have that you hope that your children won't? They already have it unfortunately, but I hope I help them deal with it more than I was ever taught to. I was always super sensitive and took things way to personally. My kids are the same way. So, I am able to talk to them about it and help them realize that they don't need to take certain things personally. I think it helps Harrison out a lot.

4. What's one of your most romantic experiences? I think romance is overrated really. It's the small things that for me occur on a daily basis that add up to knowing that I am loved and cared about that mean more to me. Plus, whenever we DO try to plan some romantic getaway, it always seems like something happens or it is kind of crazy and hectic instead of relaxing, etc...

5. What's one of that happiest moments of your past? Seeing Shane in the temple.

6. If you could be a character in a book or story, who would you be? I don't know that I would want to be any of the characters that I read about in a book or story. Something bad always happens, or it never turns out, until the end, and sometimes even the end doesn't work. I like reading about history, but I would never want to be there. I have no desire to know what it was like to cross the plains, or to experience Kristellnacht, or a fairy tale (have you read the originals? I SO wouldn't want to be them!) Okay, I guess deep down I've always wanted to be Anne from Anne of Green Gables, except I would go after Gilbert Blythe much sooner than she did.

7. If you were stranded on an island with only 3 other people, who would you pick? Shane and kids. Jeffrey's only half-size so he would be attached to me and count as one! :)

8. If you had to eat just one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Everything tastes good until it's all you get to eat. I honestly have no idea what that would be. I love chocolate, but I wouldn't want to eat just chocolate. I love pasta, bread,...okay, I guess bread. I could eat bread no matter what. ;)

9. If you could live wherever you wanted in the world, where would it be? Somewhere rural. Prince Edward Island.

10. What helps you fall asleep at night? I always read a little. It helps me wind down.

11. What gets you going in the morning? Motivation I guess. My alarm goes off and I know I have to get kids ready for school and out the door.


My 11 questions:
1. What is your favorite type of pie?
2. What is your favorite family memory?
3. If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?
4. Worst experience you had in school?
5. Silliest thing you've ever done?
6. Time when you did something just to please someone else?
7. Favorite movie?
8. Quote that means something special to you?
9. Hobby?
10.Job you had in high school?
11.Favorite trip?

People I'm tagging:
Debbie
Jan
Marsha
Darcy
Jessica
Mindee
Heather
Eve

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Humm... I will have to think about my answers and see if the boys will let me post about this during naptime tomorrow. Thanks Melissa!