Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Eternal Optimist

I think that title pretty much describes what I am not. I keep trying to be though...mainly because people who look at the bright side tend to live longer and have fewer health problems. I'm serious. So there are definitely benefits to thinking this way.

I applied for a job. I know, you are all probably thinking I am crazy. That's okay, sometimes I think I am crazy too. It's for a part-time surgical tech job, which only includes a few call shifts, so that would be nice to not have to worry about. Plus it's part-time. Meaning that I could still feel like a functional mom, without feeling like I am depressed and moody all the time.

Anyway, the pessimist in me, thinks of all the reasons why I won't even get called for an interview. The optimist in me thinks of all the good things and why I will probably get the job. The pessimist usually wins, but the optimist side is definitely much happier.

So, I guess we'll see what happens. I guess part of the pessimistic thinking protects me from getting my hopes up too high, but if I was an eternal optimist,even if I didn't get the job, I would still be happy because it obviously wasn't meant to be!

I think that will be my goal for the year...be more optimistic about things and look at the bright side of life. :)

No comments: