Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Benefit of the Doubt

Okay, okay, I think I was a bit harsh the other day... not that those thoughts weren't going through my mind, but in my defense...

I have experienced seeing classmates where I do go out on a limb and say "hi" and they look at me like I am scum...or maybe mildew...

Of course I have also had people pleasantly surprise me too. It always amazed me how many people I would know when I worked at the hospital. What was even more of a surprise was when they would recognize me...and this was after I was gowned and gloved with a mask and surgical hat on, so they couldn't even cheat by looking at my name tag.

I admit that these people are nice, and I think it would be enjoyable to see them again after so long.

hmm....

Plus one of my friends is in charge...and she is the type of person that if she is in charge, it is almost guaranteed to be fun. I have seen all her parties and gatherings on her blog and they always look like a blast.

2 comments:

Eve said...

Don't allow the poopyheads to dictate your life's experiences. Just go and have fun with those people that are fun. I was worried about going to my reunion, but it was wonderful. There were no mean people there. It was genuinely lovely to see old friends and to sit at a table filled with friends from different crowds and joke about ourselves. I'm sorry you and Shane had a bad experience at the previous reunion. I wasn't there. They gave us such short notice, and I didn't feel like spending a fortune on a plane ticket to go on a picnic. The fact that they're planning ahead, that you'll get a nice dinner--all of this means it will be a positive thing. And ignore the poopyheaded people.

Melissa said...

I love how you refer to the mean people as "poopyheads." It just made me smile every time I read it, and you are exactly right! I shouldn't let the poopyheads dictate my life!