Friday, December 16, 2011

Different eyes...

I was just thinking about all the different trials in life that everybody has. Then I was thinking about infertility, and how it is a big trial, but it has it's own blessings. Then I was thinking about how every trial is kind of like that.

Take infertility for example...it is really hard emotionally, and the wondering and waiting and trying to decide how to deal with it is all very stressful. I have a friend who is just starting in-vitro, and I told her that I thought every woman who tried in-vitro was amazing because I could never do it. One, because I can't even handle being on birth control pills without feeling completely out of control, and add all those hormone shots and whatnot...yeah, not a good idea for me, but I was happy for her because it gave her hope. :)

Anyway, I was thinking of the positives of infertility... namely, you never have to worry about being on birth control to prevent a pregnancy, because if you did magically get pregnant, you'd be happy. Shane asked me a while ago if we needed to do anything different to prevent me getting pregnant "too soon" and I just laughed. I told him I wasn't too worried about it.

For others though, their trial is being able to get pregnant too easily. I can see how it would be stressful, but...just like someone who's never dealt with infertility can't really relate to me, I can't really relate to the "yeah, we decided it was time to have another baby..." I don't know what that's like, so...yeah...but, I can see how it would be a trial.

I guess that's the point to that saying... "Every cloud has a silver lining..." There's something good in every thing we experience even when it's hard and challenging. It doesn't mean that I'm always good at seeing it, because I'm not, and I frequently have to remind myself to see the good in things, but it's there. It may not even be in what we are experiencing necessarily but how we grow from it. The things we learn from our experiences are often the silver lining.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Amen!

darcymae said...

i know exactly what youre talking about!! its nice not to have to worry about birth control but it REALLY sucks to wait and wonder and hope for a baby you want SO badly for SO long!!