So, I like to read blogs. I read some blogs that I think are really funny, and they make me smile because these ladies are extremely talented in writing their thoughts and experiences in a humorous voice. They make me look at my own experiences and I smile amd think about how I could be humorous too...and then I try and I read it and it is so not funny! It usually ends up sounding whiny or angry...or...I don't know what really but it's not funny...still, I want to try again. :-P
Today I discovered yet again I am a mean mom. Getting my kids up for school is a simple task really... There is no screaming or tantrums involved. Harrison usually quite promptly wakes up when I tell him it is time to get up...unless he gets distracted by the legos on his floor which are just begging to be made into some amazing flying pirate ship....
Hazel...takes a while. She sits and stares at her dresser...maybe she thinks the dresser will pick for her like on the Jetsons, I don't know, but this morning to speed things along....after she had already been sitting there, I went in and picked out some clothes for her. Just like I knew would happen, this motivated her to dress quickly in completely different clothes. (This does not bother me, because at least she is dressed!)
So why am I mean? Because I had the adacity to force her to take her coat to school along with her hoodie. I know I know, it was only in the low 30's, what WAS I thinking? The glare and slamming of the front door let me know how much she liked the idea....
1 comment:
Hahaha I remember mornings like this with my mom. Now I do the same thing to my husband. (Wear your hat! Bring gloves! etc.) If you're a mean Mom I'm a mean wife and we can form a mean girls club.
Post a Comment