Back in the beginning of October I made some goals to work on. It really has been helpful. So, I decided to report on how I was doing, since that is what I said I was going to do. :)
1. Pay attention to my body and don't overdue it-- This one has been interesting since I decided to have the most recent surgery AFTER I made this goal. Still, I think I have been doing okay on this one. It's kind of funny because I'll be rolling along and then suddenly feel exhausted and wonder why. Then my logical thoughts kick in and I remember that I had three surgeries in less than three months. :S
2. Have a positive and patient attitude with my kids even when I'm exhausted-- I still need to work on this one more, but it has been getting better. It is definitely easier to be patient when I've had 6 hours of sleep in a row, which is where Jeffrey is at now on his sleeping at night. I am so GLAD!! :)
3. Keep the sink clean-- This one I have been doing really well on, and Shane even helps too, because it makes everything look so much cleaner. We have been doing much better on keeping things maintained instead of having to spend hours cleaning up. SO MUCH EASIER!
4. Think of one positive blessing a day-- For a while I was thinking of 5 things a day, and I did it even when I didn't post anything online, but I continually need to work on this one. Last week was hard emotionally, and probably would have gone easier if I had been focusing on positives instead of negatives. (What can I say? Being a pessimist takes a while to overcome...and sarcasm, DOES NOT HELP. Since I tend to be pretty sarcastic, it is a work in progress...)
Still, I think all in all I am doing better on these goals than even I thought I would be. Hopefully I can say the same after November! :)
1 comment:
Way to go! I admire you for putting goals in black and white and then following up on them. I am going to try the sink thing. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment