Sunday, October 9, 2011

Excitetd

I am excited for today. Today Shane will bless Jeffrey in church. I've never been to a christening, but I imagine it is kind of similar...in  a way.

Anyway, my mother in law made his blessing outfit, and I am excited to take pictures of it! After I do, I will post those picture on here.

I had basically decided that we would never get to experience this again after Harrison and Hazel and the years kept rolling by. There were times I was crying in church because I mourned that, but here we are, and we get to experience it again! I am very grateful. I am also glad that Harrison and Hazel will get to experience this.

We have pretty big families on both sides, and so when we have something like this, I often wonder...do I invite my close friends? I know they will understand if I don't. This time, however, I decided to. I just wanted everyone I was close to, to be able to be there if they wanted to participate.

I am really glad that I did! I have an idea who will be there today, and about half of our family won't be able to be there...actually maybe even more than that. This is unusual for me, because I like having my family come to things, and to me this is a very special thing, one that we may not ever experience again. Still, I know that they love me, and if they could be there they would. Life gets in the way of things we want to do sometimes. :)

I have been thinking my five things on the days that I haven't written on here. It is good, but writing it out is better.

5 things:

1. A beautiful fall morning.
2. Husband who loves me even when I'm crazy!
3. My children.
4. Playing games with my family.
5. Knowing I have people who care about me.

No comments: