I was thinking the other day about life and the challenges that people face...especially when it comes to having kids and things like that. I often wonder at times why some people seem to have it so easy, and others have such a hard time.
It seems especially unfair when you are the one that longs for just one baby, and yet the "family" that has to have all their kids put into foster care because there's a meth lab in their house, can't seem to stop having them.
Then I thought, you know, if I had could have wishes here's some wishes I would make...
I wish no one had to lose a child to miscarriage.
I wish no one had to deal with the pain and sorrow of infertility.
There were more...but then I caught myself... even though I would never wish these experiences on anyone, and there is a jealous little monster inside me when I think of people that seem to be able to get pregnant at the drop of a hat (even NOW as I'm holding this sweet baby in my arms and have ZERO desire to get pregnant at the moment...)
Even so... there are many things I have learned from these experiences. The biggest ones seem to be compassion and empathy...and the ability to view the pain from their side.
The pain of wanting something so bad that you have no control over. The longing. And I'm not just talking about having kids here. The sorrow and sadness from not getting something that is a just desire.
These are things and emotions that I don't think I could have learned any other way. So...even though it has been tough, if anything, it has made me treasure and cherish my children. If it has taught me that much, even though it's been so painful and sad, I can't really wish that away. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment