Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Calm

So, today was kind of a crazy day. This isn't difficult to achieve when the majority of the day is spent in bed. This sounds amazing, I know, but it really isn't that great.

First, we went to my doctor appointment. This particular appointment I double-checked TWICE with the receptionist because it was at a different time than my other appointments. I even have cards to prove it, but I didn't have them with me at the time. I didn't realize I needed them as proof that I'm not a total pregnant basketcase. :)

Anyway, my appointment was supposed to be at 10:15, but when I got there it was in the computer as being at 9:15. I was annoyed to say the least, but they still agreed to see me. How nice, since it wasn't my fault I was an HOUR late!

Still,I played the gracious patient, because you never want to be pegged as a difficult patient, and you definitely get better service being nice and agreeable. It's worth it, believe me.

My appointment went pretty well. Now I am on weekly appointments until the baby is born. This is made even more exciting by the fact that my next visit will be with a doctor I've never met before, since my doctor will be out of town for a week.

Doctors are busy individuals, and I am glad he is able to take a vacation. I just wish it had been any time earlier in my pregnancy than the last three weeks of waiting. :) Things with me tend to get a little crazy and unpredictable during that time-frame.

Mentally, I keep trying to convince myself that it can't do anything exciting for at least another week. Everything would be better if one more week went by. The baby would be healthier, and it would just be better all around.

Hopefully my body will cooperate!

We also scheduled the c-section for Aug 29th. I highly doubt we will make it to that date, but you never know. Maybe we will!

And all the while, most of all, I am trying to stay calm and relaxed. :)

1 comment:

Miss Heather said...

I am super excited for you! At least you know the baby can pretty much come at any time now and be healthy. :) I'm so happy for you and Shane!